5 Days Jerusalem and Bethlehem, Massada and Dead sea and the Galilee and Tel Aviv
- Monday, Day 1 : Jerusalem – Old city; Western Wall; church of Holy Sepulchre; Bethelhem –Overnight Jerusalem
We begin our tour with an amazing view of the old city from Mount of Olives, where we will hear a historical introduction of Jerusalem. Continue our tour to Mount Zion where we will visit king David’s tomb, the last supper room and the Dormition Church;
We will cross the impressive old walls of the old city via Zion gate and walk through the four quarters of the old city:Armenian, Christian, Muslim and Jewish.
During the tour we will see the: Roman Cardo, the western wall, also known as wailing wall (the Kotel), the Via Dolorosa (not all the stations) and visit the church of holy Sepulcher.
On the Second part of the day, we will drive to Bethlehem.
We will start with an overview of Shepherd’s field and then pass Rachel’s tomb on our way to the city of Bethlehem where we will visit the Church of Nativity and at the Mangers square.
At the end of the tour, return to your hotels.
- Tuesday, Day 2: Masada; Swim in the Dead Sea – return to point of departure.
Pick up from the hotel and drive east to the lowest point on earth- the valley of the Dead Sea. We will first stop at Kibbutz Mitzpe Shalem and the Ahava visitor center and factory, where we will have the opportunity to buy the Ahava product at factory rates.We then continue to Massada where we will ascent the mountain using the cable car. Our guide will take us on a tour to one of the highlights in Israel. Massada is a fortress that we built by King Herod the great and played an important roll during the great revolt of the Jews against the Romans 2000 years ago.
We will admire the remarkable remains of the palaces, synagogue, cisterns, mosaics and the fascinating landscape.
After the tour we will descent the mountain and have lunch.
End the day enjoying the Dead Sea floating and using the healing mud.
- Wednsday, Day 3: Caesarea, Haifa, Acre and Rosh Hanikra – overnight in the north
Pick up from the hotel and drive along the coast road to Ceasarea, an ancient Roman city. Our guide will take us on a tour where we will see the ancient theater, Hippodrome, the old port and many other fascinating archaeological remains.
Continue to Haifa we will arrive to the upper terrace in the Baha’i gardens for a view of the city and it’s port.
At the end of our day we will visit Akko, a world heritage site thanks to its impressive Crusaders underground city. Visit at the recent excavated old city, the Oriental market, the Arab mosque and the old port.
End the day at the grottos of Rosh Hanikra at the edge of Israel. we will take the cable car down to the grottos and enjoy the beauty of the white rock and the sea.
- Thursday, Day 4: Nazareth, Tiberias, Capernaum, Yardenit – return to point of departure.
Pick up from the hotel and drive to the lower Galilee. Our first stop will be at Nazareth, the town where Jesus passed his childhood and adolescence.
Visit the Church of Annunciation and the Church of St. Joseph and from there continue, via Kana, to Tiberias on the shores of the Sea of Galilee.
we will drive to along the Kineret lake and stop to in visit Capernaum, the town of Jesus where we will see the ruins of the ancient synagogue ;our next stop, Tabgha, the site of the multiplication of Fish and Loaves, a beautiful church with mosaic floor from Byzantine era.
After lunch we will proceed to the famous Baptismal site on the Jordan river called: Yardenit.
Depart Yardenit and drive down south to the hotel.
- Fridays Day 5: Tel Aviv and Jaffa
We’ll start by visiting the independents hall, the place where the state of Israel was declared. We’ll continue walking on Herzel bl and see the Shalom tower with Guttmann’s mosaic. We’ll walk through Neve Zedek one of Tel Aviv’s first neighborhoods.Visit the old city of Jaffa, with its art galleries and beautiful port. The visit the Ben Yehuda Market (Tue & Fri, open until 6 pm)
- The sequence of touring days is subject to change.
- The tour includes one overnight in Jerusalem on Bed & Breakfast basis.
- Single supplement: $84 per night.
- High season supplement: $ 84 p/p per night will apply from December 20, 2019 to January 5, 2020.
- Option for an upgraded hotel is available at a supplement of $ 84 p/p per night.
- Confirmation is subject to availability.
- Business class: up to 19 passengers in a group
The tour will not be operated between April 19 to 26; May 8-9; June 7 to 9;
September 28 to October 1; October 8-9; October 14 to 21, 2019.
*dates are inclusive
- Netanya hotels – from 06:30
- Herzliya hotels – from 07:00
- Tel-Aviv hotels – from 07:20 to 07.50
- Jerusalem hotels – from 09:00 to 09.30; Friday & Saturday 08.45-09.15
*Guests should be waiting at the earlier time indicated