A two-day trip to Petra and Wadi Rum
** Very important comments regarding departure and return from Jordan **
- These days, the border crossing terminal is open on a limited hours and days (Sunday-Thursday between the hours of 08: 30- 15:30, Friday-Saturday the terminal is closed). These opening hours create a situation in which it is not possible to make a one-day trip to Petra, but only two days, including an overnight in Jordan, and not on weekends when the crossing is closed).
- The trip offered here is a private trip and can depart on any day from Sundays to Wednesdays. If you want to travel to Petra in one day or during weekend- contact us for other options through Allenby bridge.
- It is not possible to join a group.
- Full and official information for those leaving for Jordan can be obtained on the Airports Authority’s website – Rabin Terminal.
- You must submit an early registration form: on the VISIT-JORDAN website
- It is recommended to purchase a departure tax online and in advance Milgam
- Your passport must be valid for at least 3 months
Anyone planning on visiting Jordan, (even if the visit is only to a hotel) is obliged to coordinate the trip in advance through a travel agents (who will coordinate the trip for them with Jordanian travel agents).
- You must carry a printed hotel reservation with you.
Departure from Eilat at 08:30, pick up from the various hotels in the city to the Rabin (Arava) crossing point.
At the Jordnian side of the border you will meet our representative who will assist you in the border crossing processes and accompany you to meet our Jordanian guide and driver.
09:30 We begin our ride to petra. during the ride, our a certified tour guide will give us explanations about the history and culture of Jordan.
12:00 At the entrance to the Petra Visitor Center, the use of horses is possible at no extra charge in order to reach the famous Sik (a tip expected). If you do not want to use the horses, you can walk for about 10 minutes.
We will walk through the huge walls of the Sikh for about half an hour until the Treasury is revealed to us in all its glory.
The guide will take the group on a tour of the Nabataean antiquities, treasury, theater and other impressive monuments at the site. In the Old City of Petra you can spend many hours accompanied by a guide as well as an independent stroll between the monuments. You will have about 3-4 hours at the site, during this time you can also have lunch on site.
After visiting Petra archaeological site we will return with our guide to the vehicle which will take us to the hotel in the neighboring town of Nabi Musa or Wadi Rum depending on what you have chosen.
- Dinner and breakfast will be served at the hotel
10:00 After breakfast we will take a 4X4 trip to the spectacular sand dunes of Wadi Rum. The tour lasts about 2-hours and includes spectacular views that you have never seen before, a visit at Bedouin camp for a cup of coffee / hot tea, and purchasing local souvenirs, you can also ride camels and visit Lawrence Ish Arab’s house.
13:00 Independent lunch in Wadi Rum or Aqaba and then back to the border crossing.
14:00 Transfer back to Israel
15:00 Arrival in Eilat
Prices according to group size and accommodation options:
- It is not possible to join the group, the trip is based on a private trip only.
|Number of people||3* hotel or camp in Wadi Rum||4 * hotel||5* hotel||Bubble tent in Wadi Rum|
The price in US dollars includes:
- Transport from Eilat hotels to the border crossing point and back
- Assistance at the border crossing at the Jordnian side
- An air-conditioned vehicle, and a certified Jordanian guide
- Entrances to Petra and Wadi Rum
- 4X4 trip in Wadi Ram
- Accommodation 1 night half board (breakfast and dinner)
The price does not include:
- Visa $ 60 per person (currently Israelis are not required to pay a visa)
- Taxes Exit fees and tips $ 65 per person
- Insurance of any kind (medical / baggage)
|3*||Dream camp, Sultana camp||Edom , Amra palace|
|4*||Sun city camp, Aladdien camp||Petra moon , Petra eilte|
|5*||Sun city camp, Aladdien camp|
- Israelis are not required to have a visa to Jordan
- Tourists (non-Israelis) staying 2 nights in Jordan receive a refund of the visa payment to Jordan.
- Must have comfortable walking shoes, a hat and water.
- The tours are held in English
- Do not leave valuables in the tour vehicle upon getting off.
- Our company is not responsible for any loss, injury or damage caused during the trip.