Touring the Old City of Jerusalem from your home
Private real time tours in Israel. A real professional tour guide in Israel will take you on a private tour in Jerusalem or any other part in Israel in real time. This tour is suitable for the whole family and enables you to experience the holy land even in days of Covid19 and from your home. The advantage of having this tour LIVE is that you can ask your tour guide questions or to zoom in on something that you want to see.
Check out the list of sites that we are offering live tours on the internet.
We will connect to our professional Israeli tour guide that will wait for us in Jerusalem. After a short introduction of the outline of our tour we will start the tour.
The tour will be broadcast to you on live in real time.
Having the tour on real time has few advantages and few disadvantages:
- You can ask questions in real time- as many as you want
- You can ask the guide to focus on something you want to see with the camera.
- You can ask the guide about general questions about Israel
- You see how things really are these days, as it is not a recording from unknown date.
- Time difference forces you to have the tour no later that 9-10 am depending on your location.
- Internet signal interference in the streets and sometimes delays in voice or picture transmission
- Due to poor internet signal -we cannot go in to buildings as it will disturb the signal. But we have a solution for that- a recording of the building inside.
From Mt. Zion we will enter the old city passing through the impressive Zion gate straight to the Armenian quarter. We will walk on the ancient roman street known as the Cardo and through the Jewish quarter we will arrive to the wailing wall. At this point we will do a special gesture the guide will put your wish written on a piece of paper in the wall. After hearing the explanation at the wall and admiring the wall we will continue on our tour to the Christian quarter.
At the Christian quarter you can walk in the footsteps of Jesus, following the 14 stations of the cross ending at the holiest church in the world- the church of the holy sepulture. This church is one of the most ancient churches in the world, 1700 years old and it holds the site of Jesus crucifixion, the tomb of Jesus and other important sites. Unbelievably it is run by 5 different churches who try very hard to maintain a status quo.
Author: Yariv Hen, licensed tour guide in Israel