3 days Negev and Eilat with an optional tour to Petra in Jordan
DEPARTURE: Sunday from Jerusalem
- Day 1 Sunday :Negev desert/Timna/Underwater observatory
Travel south from Jerusalem through the Negev desert; Stop at Timna, a large geological and archaelological park ; Marvel at the multi colored rock formations and copper mines; View the outstanding Solomon’s pillars. Continue to Eilat, the southernmost resort city on the shores of the Red Sea; Visit the Underwater Observatory marine park, built into a coral reef and enjoy the opportunity for a close up look at the rich life of the Gulf of Eilat.
- Day 2 Monday: Free day in Eilat or *Day tour to Petra (with additional charge)
After assistance with border formalities, drive straight to Petra, the astonishing rose-red city built by the Nabateans (an early Arab tribe). Petra was renowned for its massive architecture, pools, dams and water channels. The visit begins with the possibility of a short horseback-riding for about 700 m. until the entrance of the Siq, which is about 1.2 km long (walking distance). Petra is famous for its huge monuments such as the treasury, royal tombs, the court, roman theatre, roman street, qasser el- bint (Palace of Pharaoh’s daughter) and many other smaller monuments which fascinate the visitors. The city itself is almost 45 square km and is considered to be the second wonder of the world. After the visit, time for lunch in a nice restaurant. After lunch drive back to border. On the way, a short visit to Aqaba with the possibility to stop and take a walk around. Transfer to the border at around 18:00 p.m and cross back to Eilat . Overnight Eilat.
*Visa is required.
- Day 3 Tuesday: Ramon Crater/Sde Boker/Bedouin hospitality/Airforce museum
Depart Eilat via Mitzpe Ramon; Stop to gaze into the Ramon crater, a geological wonder; Proceed to Sde Boker and see Ben Gurion’s hut and grave overlooking the magnificent Zin valley. Stop for a camel ride and a visit to an authentic Bedouin tent; Learn about the Bedouin hospitality and enjoy a light lunch.
Continue to Hatzerim and visit Israel’s Airforce Museum to view the planes and equipment and to hear the story of this brave fighting force. Return to Tel-Aviv.
|Per person in Double room||Single Room||Third in Room|
|710 USD||830 USD||688 USD|
- Tour starts from Jerusalem hotels on Sunday and ends in Tel Aviv hotels on Tuesday.
- For pick up OR drop off in Tel-Aviv additional charges will apply for transfers: 107 USD per person in double ; 214 USD single .
- 3 touring days with a government licensed English speaking guide in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- 2 overnights in a 4 star hotel in Jerusalem on bed & breakfast.
- Light lunch in a Bedouin tent
- Entrance fees as per program detailed above .
- High Season supplement: $ 45 per person will apply between: December 20, 2019 – January 5th ,2020.
- Minimum 2 passengers required.
- Guaranteed confirmation upto 2 weeks prior to the tour ; after than upon availability.
- The tour will not be operated on the following dates :April 21, 25; September 29; October 6, 13, 20, 2019.
- Cancellation fees : 48 hours prior to tour 25% 24 hours or less – 50 % .
- Passengers should arrange their own travel , luggage and health insurance.
- Israeli guide Ltd will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury.
- Luggage : 1 suitcase and 1 hand bag per person .
- Tours are conducted in English only.
- Program sequence is subject to change without advane notice, due to holidays, force majeure or circumstances beyond our control.